Be A Media Activist!
- 87% of the guests on Sunday public affairs programs are men.
- 90% of the lead characters on children's programming are male.
- By age 18, a child will have viewed 200,000 acts of violence on TV.
The airwaves do not belong to the broadcasters; they belong to the public. Isn't it time someone asked you what you wanted from broadcasters?
About the NOW Foundation Project:
- NOW Foundation Digital Broadcast Project Background
- Letter about the NOW Foundation's Digital TelevisionProject
- Press Statement (5/99)
- Comments to FCC by NOW Foundation on Affirmative Action (and reply comments) (pdf)
- NOW Foundation Calls for Better Television (Fall 99)
About the Issues: